Is there such a thing as a "typical" youth worker? Maybe. But Scripture calls us all to the responsibility of investing in the next generation. In this episode we're discussing how to use what you have - your gifts, talents, interests, and abiblities - to lead right where you are.
IN THIS EPISODE
- 00:00... Intro
- 00:59... Called to youth ministry
- 04:03... Responsibility to the next generation
- 04:47... Special ops (opportunities) to develop new skills and build relationships
- 08:28... Taking steps to connect your skills and abilities to youth ministry
- 08:50... Pay attention to the needs
- 10:46... Make the needs known to others
- 11:36... Offer your gifts and talents to a local ministry
- 12:19... Questions to answer to help you get started using what you have to offer in youth ministry
- 12:28... What gifts, talents, or hobbies do you have?
- 12:50... If you had a couple of young people interested in that, what would you do?
- 13:12... Who can you reach out to to help you get started?
This podcast is powered by ZenCast.fm
Brian is the Director of Leader Development for Youth For Christ of Northern Indiana. He is a 20 year youth ministry veteran who is passionate about developing leaders for greater Kingdom impact.
Reggie Blackmon is a City Life Director in Fort Wayne for Youth For Christ of Northern Indiana.